Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time with the rents (part 1)

Well, as I think I may have mentioned before, my parents came to visit for two weeks.  I'm proud to say that they did very well and have earned all the merit badges a traveler needs for their first visit to Asia.


Chopsticks - check.


Even though they came prepared with titanium sporks, there was no need.  Mom and Dad toughed it out and got used to the chopsticks right away - by the end they were total pros.

Sushi - check.  Although they've tried it before, I think they actually enjoyed the sushi and sashimi this time.  Here's Mom with a piece of raw salmon.

Pearl drinks - check.  They are totally in love with the boba and Mom says she is going to try to find it at Cub.

Pandas - check.  We went to see the panda exhibit and got a great show.  I will probably have a video example of the panda antics once I download the rest of their photos.

Sightseeing - check.  Here they are in Macau Tower.  Although a lot of tourists go up to the lookout, I doubt many of them lay on the floor to take pictures.  (I bet the Chinese people were horrified!  They never let anything touch the floor - ever.)

Lots of walking and climbing hills - check.  They also mastered the bus system, airports, ferries, passport procedures, and by the end they could find their way around quite well without any help from me.

Quality family time - check.  We had many great adventures while they were here. 
More to come!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Don't know about eating raw salmon! Will have to have your patents TRY to teach Mike/me to use chop sticks.
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! I haven't seen Mom and Dad's photos yet, but can't wait to get together with them next weekend and hear their adventures.

    The kids were looking at the blog with me and on the last photo, Elloise in her most teacherful way told Oscar, "Look - it's mama! Say mama!"

    I told her it wasn't nice to confuse him...but it turns out that she was the confused one. Goofy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - well it's an easy mistake to make, especially now that my hair is short too. Guess you'll have to point out the freckle discrepancy. :)

      Delete