Monday, May 28, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLOISE!!!

Today my niece Elloise turns 4.  It's hard to believe and makes me feel kind of old, but since I love being an auntie, it's ok.  As most of you know, I have a weak spot for performers.  I think I can say with absolute truth that Elle is one of the most fabulous and entertaining performers on earth, under the age of 5.  Please see below for further evidence.  (A few of these are repeats but they're too good to omit.)

Ok, so in chronological order, this video is from when she was pretty young - only 2 I think.  Rach has no idea how she learned to do this.  Maybe she dreams in MTV.  It's my fav.  I laugh every single time I watch it.


This is a shot I took last summer before I left.  
Why just smile when you can make such an adorable face?


And here she is on an outing we took together - also last summer.  We were supposed to be painting ceramics, but Elle decided to do our nails with glaze instead.


This is also an oldie but a goodie.  
This is how a heavy metal rock star shows off her new parasol.


 Like her mother and aunties, this girl loves to dress up.  The other kids in Rachel's day care don't even notice when Elle comes out in costume anymore.  Say, as a witch.  Who poses like this?


And speaking of posing - talk about cheeky.


I absolutely love this one.  Rachel and Becky and I all played the trumpet so it warms my heart to see her showing interest.  And the foot thing is just too cute!  


What a getup.


 In addition to being fabulous, my niece is also quite brave.  I think this photo illustrates what I mean.  That's her younger cousin being dragged along behind her.


She's also very caring.  Just think how well-protected this little frog or bug or whatever it is must feel.


She's also super dexterous.  She's been taking gymnastics classes and I'm sure she'll be great at them.  With her father's athleticism and her mother's dance moves, she's going to be unstoppable.


And she's a good helper, as you can see.


Oh, and let's not forget beautiful.
Happy Birthday Sweetie!  
See you soon!


This will be my last blog post from Macau.  I'm flying home tomorrow.  Yay!!!  It's been a fun experience keeping a blog.  I'm sure there will be others.  Thanks to all my faithful readers and commentators!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe Elloise is 4 years old either! Kids grow up too fast. Elloise is such a sweet-heart & a character too! I talked with your Mom yesterday & again today. She said that the whole weekend was a celebration for Elloise's birthday! Fun!!!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, we enjoyed your blog on Elloise's birthday but I was too preoccupied to comment. It blows my mind that she's 4...exciting and sad at the same time.

    We had a nice day despite being under the weather. She enjoyed her kitty cake and single-handedly ate the whole tail!

    The beautiful jewelry box you sent was super cool! What a neat keepsake. Anything with a hidden mirror is perfect for a 4-year old.

    It was great to Skype with you! We're sooo excited to have you back home! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete