Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas remnants

I'm still enjoying what's left of the 12 days of Christmas in a number of ways. 

One way is that all the decorations are still up, although I'm expecting the transition to Chinese New Year will happen soon and it will be dragon mania.  Until then, puffy Santa is watching from the  window at the post office.


Another way is with packages!  My package from the Becks came recently and I opened it up over Skype with them.  It was filled with great stuff...

...like this card made by my favorite artistic niece, Elliose.  I love the 3D puffy star on the tree and the fabric present and bow underneath.  I also really love the way she signs her name.  Look at how elaborate she makes those Es.  :)

I also received these fine gifts - a skully biker bandana for my scooter adventures, a lovely copper ring to round out my jewelry haul and some fun socks!

Not to mention this great Grinchy shirt with bust-enhancing eye placement.

I also received some great photos and videos from Dad of the celebration back in MN.  Here's Ellosie showing off the outfit I sent her.  Look out world - she's only 3 and can already strike a pose like a star.

Oscar really loves Billy Bass, the horrid singing fish.  Further proof that he's a little Dad in the making. 

There's almost no snow in MN this year, which means the icy lake is still quite clear and fun to play on.  Here's the proof. 

I love listening to the way Rachel explains things to kids.  (Here they're listening to the ice noises.)  You should give parenting classes Rach.  Really.

Here my Dad shows off his ability to drive a 4-wheeler while videotaping backwards. Nice work Dad.  Brings back a lot of fun memories.  (The shack-type thing that goes by in the background is a fishhouse.)

And finally, a funny video my aunt Jackie sent.  Apparently it's based on a story that a group of monks had taken a vow of silence but wanted to perform Handel's Hallelujah chorus.  This was their solution.  (In this clip we see a group of highschoolers reenacting the idea.)

5 comments:

  1. In MN, we don't have snow, but it has been cold enough to form ice on lakes. But, I still don't trust that ice ! I'd not go on it until it was super cold for many days & it hasn't been yet--thank goodness! On Sat., we got some snow, but still not that cold yet. Love the Santa Elloise made for Jess! Lots of fun, good present sent too! Christmas lasts for at least a week or more after the actually Christmas Day, but can't remember the exact number. For some reason 9 days sticks in my head--so decorations can & should stay up that long. When Drew was home for a week, for his Christmas vacation, he brought his cats. He couldn't catch one, Jacob, in his cage. He tried for 2 days, but Jacob hid very well. He did get his other cat, Joe, in his cage. I finally told Drew to just leave both cats here & I'd care for them. Drew has to leave for about 12 to 13 days the end of Jan., so either I would go to Sheboygan to care for the cats or he'd have to have someone check on them for food/water & clean their litter boxes. I figure the cats need more immediate care, so I just told Drew to leave them. Although, I did have a great time staying in Sheboygan for 2 weeks before! Got to go to many good restaurants as I did NOT cook for myself!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.Forgot to tell you that Derek stayed her for about a week too. He NEVER gets any vacation days, but this Christmas, he was given 10 days off. Great! So, he came home with his 2 Old English Bulldogges, Atti (short for Attila the Hun) & Bear. Love the dogs! They wanted to check out the cats, but we did keep the gate up between the backroom & dining room, so they weren't given that "treat"! I don't think the dogs would have hurt the cats, but would have had a great time sniffing & licking them! Am sure the cats would NOT have liked that!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy - that Hallelujah Chorus gets me every time - even if its a silly version! Awesome music! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bust!
    Looking back at all the Christmas gifting and activities is great... we sure missed you but Skype helped enormously. But hey- we forgot to carol!
    Hung your beautiful crystal today... not sure about final placement but will contemplate for a while. Love it!
    Great video of the "monks"... always moving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That grinch shirt is awesome. Nice work Rach! I, too, just hung my crystal snowflake and have been enjoying the rainbows. And I agree with your comment about Rach's parenting skills... she is the best :)

    ReplyDelete