Sunday, August 28, 2011

Showtime!

So I woke up early and did school stuff all day so I could relax a little tonight and still be prepared.  I'm finally feeling like I understand the Moodle site the ELC has set up, but I need to do some more work on it this week.  Printed lots of documents, made a lot of copies, wrote myself a bunch of notes, bought lunch food.  I think I'm set.  Just have to decide what I'm wearing.  If only my laundry had come back today instead of tomorrow.  I'm not really feeling nervous at all, just afraid I'm going to forget something dumb or have a computer problem.  I'm going to bring my mac in rather than try to get the school PC into presenter view at the last minute.  I guess worst case scenario I'll improvise.  That's what I expect is the great thing about being on the other side of the podium.  The students will think I know what I'm doing.  Shhhhhhhhhhh!  :)


I took a break mid-day to meet Angie and Chris for lunch in Taipa.  Chris brought us to his friend's favorite spot - they're open all night and serve dim sum late.  We got this dish comprised of egg and bitter melon.  I've had bitter melon in several things here and it's pretty good!

This is tofu-fa (the soft tofu in sugar syrup that I mentioned previously).  Yes, I just had it a couple days ago, but I went back, ok?  I think the lady in the market is gonna know me on a first name basis really soon.  Mmmmmmmmmm.  After dinner I made popcorn and we all sat down to watch Inside Man.  Love it!  So glad I invested in that movie HD!  Time for bed although I probably won't be able to sleep - wish me luck!

(Also, I know you're all concerned with Irene over there, but there is talk of a typhoon in our area as well, and I wanted to assure everyone, meaning Mom, that I have the severe weather station bookmarked and we're listening for warnings.)

2 comments:

  1. So what is typhoon protocol? How severe can they be? Thinking of you on your first day teaching... Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol just told us if there's a typhoon, stay inside. :) But I'm not totally sure. I think if it's a level 8 or more school is cancelled but I need to read up about it some more.

    ReplyDelete