Thursday, December 15, 2011

Movie making and shopping

So I fully intended to share the video Janice and I made for L2 this morning, but when I got home it was not on my flash drive.  So I guess I'm losing my mind because I felt quite sure I had loaded it before I left the office.  Since the goal is to get all the materials out to the instructors by Friday, and I'm going to HK tomorrow, I guess this means I need to go back to Taipa tomorrow morning to upload it for Janice at school before I can take off. 

So.    Dumb. 

Oh well, I guess mistakes happen - even to psychotic planners. 

When I got home I went on a Christmas shopping spree and bought a lot of good stuff.  I'm not finished yet, but I'm probably halfway there.  I obviously can't show photos, but what I can say is that I bought a big souvenir for myself as well.  Regular readers may remember my blog about the IFT and the beautiful chandelier they had.  Here it is again in case you missed that post.


Isn't it awesome?  Mine is considerably smaller, but the same design.  It's red capiz shell with crystals in between.  Jackie, if you're reading this I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.  It reminded me of your beautiful red chandelier/dining room set at once.  Anyway, I noticed the small version in a store window near my house a few weeks ago but was too busy to make a big decision - but not today!  Decision made!  It's mine!  Only 600MOP, which is about $75USD.  Plus, I'll probably have to pay for new lights since these will not work in the US without a converter and it will be a pain to get it home, but I don't care because it's just so cool!  And it makes a beautiful tinkling noise when it moves and casts some really cool shadows on the wall.  Love it!

Angie left this morning to attend a conference and visit a friend in Taiwan.  Beth gets back from Beijing Friday night.  So I have until then to pick up the huge mess that has been accumulating over the past few weeks and came to a head this afternoon when I got home and dumped all my purchases on the dining room table.  Fun tomorrow, cleaning on Friday.  That's my plan.

I also finally finished proofreading and revising my conference paper this evening, so that's sent.  Yay!  I hope I never have to read it again!

What I did manage to load onto my flash drive while I was at school are the photos from the ELC Christmas party.  Here they are, for your viewing pleasure.


First a quick pan of the party, taken by yours truly.

Now the shots taken by various people from the office.  I included all the group shots and named everyone, just in case they come up in future posts and you want to know who I'm talking about.


Back row: Marilyn, Vivian, Miranda, Sumi, and Manuel
Front row: Janice, Stella, Beth, me, Angie, Azita, and Carol


 Brett, Chris, Alice, Augusta and her husband John, 
Barbara and her kids, Mario and Rebecca


Back row: Sheryl's husband, Sheryl and her daughter, Carol, Joan, and Ming
Front row: Eric, his daughter and wife, Tess and her son, Monica, and Tenny


Manuel, Vivian, Rex and his wife Lua, Kim and her husband Tom.

Now you know almost everyone at the ELC.  Only a couple people couldn't make it. 
A nice party.


 The usual suspects.  
No, you are not imagining things, I am trying out a new hairstyle after six years.  
I prefer the old one, but I'm sick of noticing how thin my hair is getting where I part it and I think this will help.  It still needs more work though.  Thanks Grandma!


 Part way through the meal, Beth left for the ladies' room and came back a minute later and insisted I come look at something.  Is there anything more obnoxious on Earth?


We had a gift raffle and, of course, I was one of the lucky ones.


My winnings.  By far the best prize offered.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I loved that red light at Mahnomen. Don't have it here, but do have the same red.white light in the dining room. Can't wait to see your!
    Would love to hear it & see the lights reflecting from it---wonder if I'll ever see it? Looks like you have lots of good friends/co-workers there. Will be hard to leave.
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - isn't that the suckiest that you have to go back! So frustrating! Maybe you'll have a fateful adventure on the way!

    I'm glad you treated yourself to a sweet chandelier! Awesome!

    Funny about your hair - I was looking at your picture and puzzling and puzzling and my puzzler was starting to get sore. And then I read the caption. New is exciting! But always takes a bit of fine tuning and getting used to. Looking great - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can see that that light fixture would delight you. Yay for you! I always love Rachel's comments... they are so right on. Most days I could just say... I concur!

    ReplyDelete