Thursday, November 3, 2011

Just In Time

Or "Justin Time", to put it another way.  Yes, I just returned from watching In Time, the new movie starting Justin Timberlake.  I was never really a fan of his until my sister, Becky, sent me a YouTube link of JT on Jimmy Fallon's show a little while back.  She did this because I'm in love with Jimmy Fallon, but watching their "History of Rap" performance made me greatly increase my respect for dear Mr. Timberlake as well, despite his stupid name. (I just learned from IMDB that it's his given name though, so I guess it's not his fault.)


He also looks pretty good without a shirt, but that could be the isolation talking.  :)

Seriously though, it was a very enjoyable movie and the first one I've seen in a Macau theater. Cillian Murphy is the bad guy and I think he's a great villian.  It was the first time I've seen Amanda Seyfried in anything, but she did a good job too.  A good job of looking hot and acting tired of being rich and safe, that is.  This is one of those oh-so-dangerous movies that makes you stop and think about how you're living your life.  These types of movies make me want to go out and do something wild and crazy.  But most of the things I like to do in this situation are not available to me at present, and anything too wild and crazy might land me in jail, so I think Angie and I are going to stay up late and watch Fight Club instead.  It's funny because I was just thinking about risk-taking earlier today.  I was looking over some videos my fellow teachers are using to supplement our unit on gender and one of them was talking about how men are more about taking risks than women are.  I was immediately annoyed by that, even if it's statistically true.  I like a regular diet of risk-taking, even if it is on a fairly low scale.  I guess it's a sign that I've been here long enough now if I'm feeling I need to spice things up. 

If you're interested, here's the trailer and below that is the review from SFGate - the online San Francisco Chronicle.


Review:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/28/DD631LMEUL.DTL&type=movies 


And here's my coworker, Miranda (R), and her friend, Nicola (L) who saw it with me.  They were not quite as impressed. (Those are admission tickets they're holding.)  Maybe it helps to live in the Bay Area a while.  I read something one time about how because of the gold rush it was a place founded by risk-takers and continues to attract those people.  Interesting theory.

If only I had my bike here...

4 comments:

  1. Haven't seen any previews for that one, but it looks good. Ya - that guy is a very convincing villain. And as far as JT (as I like to call him) goes, you should check him out on SNL. He's pretty great.

    I'm sure Steph would love to see that movie with me...she loves Justin and absolutely goes gaga for Matt Bomer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... risk aversion appeals more to me and my frontal lobe. Think you can rest easy... just being in Macau is outrageous enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess, thanks for your company yesterday. I actually like the movie though I like Inception better. I thought In time was just perfect for last night as it got me thinking without wearing out my brain like Inception did.

    And...shirtless Justin Timberlake was priceless... oh, should I say "timeless"?

    - Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not fond of rapping, but that movie, In Time, looked interesting. But, don't know if I'd spend money to see it. May just wait until it is on TV. That's what Drew does! Am baby-sitting Drew's 2 cats in Sheboygan. Each cat has his own oddities! Am hoping the next week goes by quickly though cuz I'm eager to get home!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete