Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rebecca Ramie







Today is my sister Becky's 28th birthday!  Hooray!!!













This means a little tribute is in order. 

Becky, if I could bake a cake for you, it would look like this:

There were a lot of these to choose from, but the fondant utility belt caught my eye.

And if I were gonna sing you a birthday song, I'd get this guy to do it, because I like his hat.


And if I were gonna list three reasons why it's fun having you as a sister, here's what they'd be:

1. Your adventurous spirit: 

Zorbing in New Zealand
Going big and painful for your first tattoo
Not being afraid to try something girly
Showing me around your city - Segway style

2. Our similar taste in good things:

Indian food (and other delicious varieties)



Attractive men
Great music


3. Your incredibly accepting, easygoing, and loving personality:

Becky's very snugly. 
If you don't know this, go out drinking with her sometime. 
She's a hugging machine.

She's also very chill and easy to get along with. 
This makes her a fantastic travel partner.
(Here we are celebrating our endurance skills
at the top of the Tongariro Crossing - with chocolate pudding.)

She's also wonderfully open and accepting of others.
She always has been, which continually impresses me -
especially since she's so much younger than I am.
Most people take a while to get there.  :)
Once when I needed some cheering up, she sent me a very supportive email
and a bunch of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy. 
It was just the perfect response and a very fond memory for me.


Thanks for being you, Becky-boo, and I hope this year is a great one.  I can't wait for your visit.  I'm already making plans!!!  Love you lots! xo

5 comments:

  1. A great tribute to a wonderful sister! Happy Birthday Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to get on Becky's e-mail & wish her a Happy Birthday! Thanks for the reminder of Becky's birthday!---I am so poor on nieces'/nephews' birthday. Next calendar I get, I'm going to put all the birthdays down on my next years calendar.
    That lemon rice looks SO good! Of course it doesn't help that I am hungry. Time to go uptown for a meal. I am at Drew's home in Sheboygan babysitting his 2 cats, Joe/Jacob, for 2 weeks. Just one week left. Doing fine but miss Mike & home. Having that Skype to visit on every night is wonderful!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice appreciation for your littlest sister... agree she is a real peach! Am glad you have managed to be close even though our kid spacing left something to be desired. Boy... you sure know where to find great clips... do you spend hours searching for them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom: yes, sometimes I do. But it's my only real creative outlet here, so I think of it as art making time, which is never wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the nice tribute, Jess! You're always so thoughtful. Even made me tear up a bit :) I can't wait for my visit either. It's gonna be awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete