Sunday, November 13, 2011

That's right - Reading Rainbow

So my day started off in the most righteous way possible.  I got back from McDonald's breakfast to find a text from Becky, asking me if I'd seen Jimmy Fallon's latest masterpiece.  It's so good that words can't do it justice, so I'll just post it and let you discover.


And here's the original so you can compare and contrast.


So great.  I love that guy.  Both those guys, actually.  (LeVar and Jimmy)


Mostly just did more grading today, but here are a few random shots from the weekend.


This is a glass model inside Kang Wu hospital, where I got my wrist treated.  My phone couldn't really capture it well, but it was very sparkly.  


Someone's getting ready for Christmas!

 
Angie came in to ask me a question and started laughing about the state of my bed.  It's my staging area; my to-do pile for the day.  The clothes are ones that need treating or hand-washing or mending, paper filing corner is in the upper right, and then all my various piles of schoolwork.  Makes perfect sense, yo.

I bought a new, warmer blanket on Saturday, with help from Carol who walked around with me and told me what they were made of and which was the best deal.  She tried to talk the price down for me, but it didn't work super well since the ATM gave me a thousand pataca bill.  "No really, she can only afford 300, oh wait..."  Anyway, I got a good one, but don't need it quite yet because it warmed up again.  It was like 80 degrees today!  At one of the stores the clerk surprised us all by going upstairs to get another blanket size to show us.  This is not unusual because many places have upstairs storage, but this one had no stairs...


You can hear Angie and Carol laughing and commenting on how we should try to get her to go up again if you listen closely.


And I also bought a new winter coat.  Carol and Angie thought it was too pricey (because they're Chinese and will only settle for an incredible deal), but Beth gave her blessing and she's pretty thrifty too.  I figured it was worth 990MOP for a coat that fit well on my big American shoulders, looks somewhat professional, is warm and will shed water.  It's wool, after all, and that stuff isn't cheap.  And I don't want to waste any more time looking for something better.

2 comments:

  1. I saw Jimmy on SNL - awesome - but thoroughly enjoyed reliving my childhood with the original Reading Rainbow theme. Even Jacob perked up from the other room, "Is that Reading Rainbow?!"

    I love your shorter hair (haven't seen too many glimpses of it)and the coat is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coat is awesome! Would love to have one just like it! Your bed looks just fine. You have a system for getting your stuff organized & there is nothing wrong with that---as long as it is cleared off for bedtime! Why do stores push Christmas down our throats? We haven't had Thanksgiving yet. Couldn't get the first 2 clips to work. Will ask Drew when he is here for Thanksgiving. Suppose you won't be having turkey & all the trimming in Macau. Bummer!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete