Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The birthday finale

Well at long last, my birthday celebration has come to an end.  I picked up my final package today from Rachel, another great poster - this one of Eddie Vedder from the days when Pearl Jam was young and so was I.  I think this one can go on the back of my door so I can enjoy it all to myself.  :)  Thanks Rachy!!!  (I started unrolling it from the bottom end and knew what it was as soon as I saw his shoe.)


On the way home from the post office, I stopped to see if the red Docs I've been wanting had come in my size.  Yes!!!  So I spent the rest of my birthday money from my parents on that.  Thanks Mom and Dad!!!


Luckily, Oscar's birthday package arrived in Moorhead today as well!  Not too bad, considering how far it had to go!  Rachel was kind enough to record him opening it.  (Great shirt choice, BTW.)


Yeah, typical Auntie Jess move here sending him something highly dangerous.  Ooops!  First I give Elloise a gumball, now I send Oscar coins.  I clearly underestimated the level of explorational freedom Rachel allows him.  Silly me.  It's a fancy box with a postcard and some Macau coins inside - a little momento of my time here.  I mean, every man needs a man box, right?


Chris, Beth's boyfriend from Mainland China, gave me the idea for this gift.  He said that it's tradition to buy children tiger shoes when they are small so they'll grow to be big and strong.  That crazy eyebrow marking is actually the character for tiger and is usually placed there on tiger shoes.  These are not super traditional, more like tiger slippers, but I thought that was apropos since they are from me. 

Final shot with him modeling the shoes and opening a wooden fishing puzzle game.  If he's going to learn to outfish my dad, he'd better start practicing now.  Thanks for sharing, Rach!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally got (and liked) your PJ poster! Did you used to have that one?

    The Docs are awesome! You're gonna have to see how many years you can get out of those babies!

    Thanks again for the nice gifts for the kids! It's funny - Jacob was commenting how, as a parent, you're constantly on guard against some of the silliest things. Like when we heard the sound of coins in the man box.

    "Loose change! Move!Move!Move!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought that was a great poster! Very interesting! Liked your Docs too! Look comfortable. Got the picture of the poster & Docs & the last one. The other two wouldn't show on my computer. A few weeks ago, a virus got in the computer. Drew, who usually helps us will problems, wasn't able to help. So, took it to a computer shop in town. They got rid of the virus, but also made it so I can't call up many videos or pictures that are sent. We are going to Sheboygan the end of the month, so will bring the computer & have Drew repair it. We hope!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, birthdays. Wonderful! Now for Becky's on Nov. 7th and then on to Christmas shopping. Ha. Love your ruby Docs... wish they could bring you home with three taps of the toes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea with the slippers. Those are really cute. And the poster is awesome. I'm staying in tomorrow night to watch the PJ20 movie on PBS. I'd tape it for you if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, man! So jealous!!! I want a full review!

    ReplyDelete