Sunday, October 30, 2011

D.I.Y.

Today I had a totally lazy day.  I slept in until about 11, as I like to do on Saturdays, and then got up and went for a waffle with Beth.  By the time I ate it and ran a few errands it was 2pm.  Was going to pick up my packages from the post office on the way in to school (yes, I had to go to school for a couple hours to print some stuff off. )  Realized too late that the post office closes at 1pm on Saturday.  Sorry Mom, I'm guessing those are from you.  I hope they're not too perishable.  I'll have to get them Tuesday instead.

Went for dinner with Carol and Karen at a place near our house.  Fun to sit outside - the evenings are lovely here.
 

Beth recently noticed this doggy public toilet, which was near the restaurant.  Good idea, huh?


I thought it was funny how they just had all the veggies stacked up out front.  Pretty chaotic.  Can you see how these people have a wok on their table?  Some people were eating hotpot style, but we just ordered pre-cooked dishes.  


We had some good stuff, lots of veggies too, cause Carol knows Beth and I like them.  Had some bok choy with garlic, roasted spicy tofu, roasted chicken, some noodles - all tasty.  Then we went to another place for dessert.  I got tofu-fa.  Yum!


Angie has noticed my propensity for wanting to do things without help (Do It Yourself) and takes everyone opportunity to tease me about it.   In fact we've added a letter, now it's D.I.Y., F. - which means Do It Yourself, Fool.  Tonight was my first attempt at dying my hair myself.  I started dying the underside red with henna about 6 years ago and up until today I always had Jay do it for me.  (Mom and Cat also helped on a couple occasions.)  I underestimated how messy and difficult it would be, and Angie did help me by holding the mirror so I could see the back.  But I think it's ok.  We'll find out in the morning.  Here's a shot of the henna mix (looks like goose poo) and the gloves I used.  See how quickly they get stained?  My neck and ears may well look like that tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your hair turns out well! I've taken to chopped away at my own hair - it is really surprisingly difficult to work on your own head!

    That doggie W.C. is strange...what's inside? and how do they make dogs go there? ...interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your package can wait... wouldn't dare send perishables... but would if you wished!
    Good luck with your hair...I imagine it will be fine. I have fallen prey to the hair chopping urge as well. Even was cutting my hair in the car the other day... STOP! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a public toilet for dogs. Thought dogs just used patches of grass. And, the owners needed to have small plastic bags for removing any mess they left. Bet the dog love to stop just to do some smelling!!!
    People may notice you hair, but don't really care. As long as you smile, your hair color or cut doesn't make any difference. So, smile!
    I am in Sheboygan, WI baby-sitting Drew's 2 cats. He is leaving for India for 2 weeks & didn't want them in a kennel with no personal contact. So, I'm their personal contact!
    aunt jackie

    ReplyDelete