Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Learning Guangdong Wa


So after work today I tried to make it home without getting drenched and started making Carbonara ala Kat Garrison.  Her recipe includes some veggies, which is what makes it so delish.  This is my prepped kitchen and the reason it takes me so long to cook anything.  I'm not very good at multitasking when I try to cook.  That's how things get ruined.  I accidentally bought Portuguese green wine to cook with and drink, instead of white.  Turned out fine anyway though, and I actually really like green wine.  Sometimes white is too dry for me.  The food turned out pretty well and now I have leftovers for a couple days.  Forgot to take a picture of the final product.  Sorry, blame the wine.

Part of the reason I decided to cook tonight despite my mountain of work was that Carol came over to give me my first Cantonese lesson.  I told her I'd make her dinner and wanted it to be something nice. After the meal, she showed me the elaborate PowerPoint presentation she made for me to practice with.  It's awesome!  Sound files and all.  Unfortunately, there was some problem with the PC/Mac conversion, so she has to change some things before I can use it.  Isn't it nice though?  I'm gonna be a pro in no time.  ;)  Since the PP was being difficult, she helped me correct the pronunciation on all the flashcards I've been making for myself.  Tones are a pain in the ass.  Have I mentioned that?  It's very satisfying when I finally get one right though.  Or at least as right as I'm capable of being at this point.


1 comment:

  1. All sounds interesting... getting immersed it seems. Learn it all well then come home and teach us! (and the sooner the better xo)

    ReplyDelete