Monday, October 17, 2011

Fried milk is delicious

Today was pretty chill, we went for dim sum across the street from our apartment and it was great!  My new favorite dish is the fried milk dessert.  I did my usual trick and got a copy of the menu and marked all the things I like so I can go back and order when I get visitors.   hint, hint.  :)  Regular readers may already know this lineup, but from L to R we have Beth, Yeow-Tong, Chris, Carol, Angie.  Don't mind Angie's face, that's her idea of being funny.  In reality she can usually only go about 5 seconds without cracking a smile.


After lunch I did my lesson planning and started working on another talk for the English Festival, this time about the free web 2.0 tools for language learning that I did my thesis on.  I'm going to do a workshop for interested students in the computer lab.  I checked the Facebook page today and my talks and the pumpkin carving contest are the only events that have maxed out on participants thus far, so I guess I'll have to try hard to make them good.  I have one more I'm doing on how to make effective Powerpoint presentations.  Both talks take place on Friday, the one on MN happens Wednesday morning.  What was I thinking?  I need to join Overcommitters Anonymous.

Sorry about the missing vids from yesterday's presentation.  I'll include them below for anyone who's still interested.  Dad pointed out that Al Linder is from Chicago, not Brainerd, as I had read, which explains why he sounds like Mike Ditka.  So that's a little less ideal, but I had trouble finding a professional-looking video with authentic sounding MN speech on a relevant topic.  If you know of one you have until Wednesday to alert me.  :)

Al Lindner: an example of Midwestern speech and fishing info



Minnesota Wild Rice:


Pow-wow:


2 comments:

  1. Why wouldn't your talks fill up first?! You're the cutest teacher around! :)

    Those are very interesting videos - the pow wow one rocks. Elloise will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a meal of round things... and that Carol is trying to demonstrate one item. Ha... Hard boiled eggs and potatoes? Doubtful. Will be glad to hear how your presentation goes.. expect it will be fun and interesting... and a big hit.

    ReplyDelete